Me

My photo
Hisham is a graduate from Institute of Technology MARA (UiTM) majoring in culinary arts. Since his early days at the Hotel Istana, Hisham embarked on an adventurous journey honing and shaping his culinary skills working at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, Villa Danieli Restaurant at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, SHOOK Restaurant @ Starhill Gallery, Prince Court Medical Center and Azamara Cruise Line under the parent company of Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line, to name just a few. So you guys already knowing me. Come On, Join Me Talking @Mamak

My Family

My Family
My Family

Friday 15 June 2012

Rodgers Hints Gylfi is on the Way...

Liverpool manager Brendan Rogers has admitted he is interested in bringing Gylfi Sigurdsson to Anfield – but only if the playmaker rejects his former club Swansea City first.

Gylfi Sigurdsson
Hoffenheim’s Sigurdsson spent the second half of last season on loan at the Liberty Stadium and had been set to make the move permanent in a £6.8 million deal, before Rogers swapped south Wales for Merseyside earlier this month.

The 22-year-old is now waiting to see who Swansea appoint as a replacement – with Michael Laudrup the odds on favourite – before deciding his future.
Reports suggested was keen to hijack the deal and the Northern Irishman has admitted Sigurdsson could still join him at Liverpool.

He told Liverpool’s official website, ”First and foremost, Gylfi is a Hoffenheim player. I took him on loan for the second half of last season and he did very, very well. He scored seven goals and made a real, positive contribution.

“I wanted to sign him for Swansea but, like I’ve said to him and his representatives, that has to be his first port of call.

“If he comes into the market for whatever reason – and I’m sure there’ll be a number of clubs interested in Gylfi – then of course I would like to be in a position to put our case here at Liverpool to sign him.
“But I’ve always said, I think he’s a player Swansea have had an agreement with and they have to have every chance to try and sign him. That’s only right.

“If anything changes from that, we’ll look at it from there,” he finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment