Me

My photo
Hisham is a graduate from Institute of Technology MARA (UiTM) majoring in culinary arts. Since his early days at the Hotel Istana, Hisham embarked on an adventurous journey honing and shaping his culinary skills working at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, Villa Danieli Restaurant at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, SHOOK Restaurant @ Starhill Gallery, Prince Court Medical Center and Azamara Cruise Line under the parent company of Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line, to name just a few. So you guys already knowing me. Come On, Join Me Talking @Mamak

My Family

My Family
My Family

Sunday 3 June 2012

Gylfi Sigurdsson coming to Anfield


Brendan Rodgers has confirmed his intention to make Gylfi Sigurdsson his first Liverpool signing after the midfielder’s move to Swansea City stalled.


Sigurdsson was heading to the Liberty Stadium prior to Rodgers’ appointment at Anfield, but the change in circumstances appears to have scuppered the deal.
Glen Johnson and Gylfi Sigurdsson - Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers wants to make Gylfi Sigurdsson his first Anfield arrival A £6.8 million fee was agreed between Swansea and Hoffenheim while Rodgers was still in charge, and personal terms were also negotiated with the 22 year-old.
But now the Northern Irishman has moved to Merseyside, Sigurdsson is destined to follow.
While Rodgers fully respects Swansea’s wish to conclude a deal, he says he feels compelled to pursue a player whose career has flourished under his charge.
“If he comes onto the market, I have to be interested,” explained Rodgers.
“His initial chat has to be with Swansea, because he had a good period there.
“I said when I had the chat with the chairman (Huw Jenkins) the other day, when I told him I was going to go to Liverpool, that Gylfi came to Swansea because I was there as manager.
“I said to Huw if I speak to the kid I’ll tell him to make sure he certainly comes down and speaks to the new (Swansea) manager, whoever that is, and that if he’s still not comfortable with that, he’s in the marketplace then — and then I have to look at him.”
Rodgers, meanwhile, has paid tribute to the roles his father and grandfather played in him becoming Liverpool manager.
“He was my hero. He’d be very proud,” said Rodgers of his father, who died last year. “Both my mum and dad passed away in a short period of time and I’m representing them.
“My grandfather was a Liverpool supporter. That’s where it started for me. I was born 1973 and in the late 70s I sat down with both him and my father [to watch Liverpool]. That was the emotional attachment to be here as well as the footballing challenge. They loved great football. My dad was a big lover of Johan Cruyff so that’s where one of my influences came from.
“My biggest influence were my parents. I’ve learnt from many people — good and bad — but my parents taught me the value of working hard. It’s an obligation to work hard, not a choice.
“My father brought me up that way and I was the one that always created rather than waited. I went out there and travelled to Spain, Holland and Germany to travel right the way through. It’s about having the courage and bravery to expose yourself to that.”
Rodgers makes no attempt to hide how he wants Liverpool to play, or what formation he intends to impose. His philosophy appears to be if he can make good players fit the system, opponents will know what’s coming but won’t get enough of the ball to undermine it.
“They say the best football coaches and managers are the best thieves so you look to pick up bits and pieces from everyone,” he said.
“Brendan Rodgers might not sound as good as someone from Italy or Spain. British managers have often been overlooked as not being impressive. I’m very proud that people here can see my vision, philosophy and work. I know Liverpool spoke to a number of European coaches but they went with an Irishman.
“What is new about my appointment is a British manager getting a job like this. When I started in management I wanted to show that British managers can get teams to play the way continental teams do, and that we have players who can adapt to that. I would say my style is a fusion.
“I’ve got a good idea where the group’s at. I think the biggest thing if you look at the team, it’s goals. It’s not rocket science. I think we’re defensively strong. They need more goals in the team. I think that’s the key. Whether that’s going to involve bringing players in or adapting the style to have a more high pressing game we’ll see.
"But that’s a challenge I’m looking forward to. My philosophy is simple — I’m here to educate. I’m not here to train. You train dogs, you don’t train players.
“Working with Jose Mourinho gave me great confidence. He saw something in me, and being at Chelsea gave me the opportunity to work with big players, and know that I could get my ideas across to them. It was a great experience, because I was there for the biggest year in Chelsea’s history.
“Jose and I keep in contact on a weekly basis, and I’ve got great respect for him. But I’m very much my own man. I had my own identity and my own ideas before I arrived at Chelsea.”
Rodgers could have been celebrating the title last month had he accepted an offer to become Roberto Mancini’s assistant two years ago.
Instead, he was drawn towards his managerial ambition.
“I went to Milan and met Roberto Mancini but then I got the call from Swansea,” said Rodgers.
“It was destiny really. It’s fate. I’m a big believer in that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment